Xen Dom0 and Fedora

Steven Haigh netwiz at crc.id.au
Tue Dec 28 07:10:39 UTC 2010

On 28/12/2010 5:05 PM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> On 12/28/2010 02:06 AM, Steven Haigh wrote:
>>   I'm just writing to try and gauge the progress of Xen in newer Fedora
>>   releases.
>>
>>   I spent a bit of the night trying to get F14 to work as a Xen Dom0
>>   using the included 4.0.1 hypervisor - that is until I realised that Dom0
>>   is not available in F14!
>>
>>   So I've rolled everything back to CentOS 5.5&  Xen 3.2.3 via the Gitco
>>   repo and its up and running again. Everything I managed to find says
>>   *maybe* in F15? Anyone in the know able to help out?
>>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/XenPvopsDom0
>
> http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/xen/2010-November/005205.html
>
> Rahul

Yeah - I saw these but this made me wonder:

     Targeted release: Fedora 15
     Last updated: 2010-10-29
     Percentage of completion: 0%

Everything I've read points to waiting for the magic to happen in the
kernel - however I'm not sure if that is a case of everyone else waiting
for someone else to do something, or some other reason...

--
Steven Haigh

Email: netwiz at crc.id.au
Web: http://www.crc.id.au