Should we be reporting Nouveau 3d bugs yet?

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Thu Feb 4 21:26:10 UTC 2010

On Thu, Feb 04, 2010 at 13:25:29 -0800,
  Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com> wrote:

> Thanks for asking - I knew Ben was planning to do this, but didn't
> realize he actually had yet.

I think Airlie actually did it. As a mesa change had a comment that seemed
to signal the change and the stuff getting added was in mesa, not nouveau
proper. And I thought that particular build was done by Airlie.

> We're not mainly targeting things like games at first, but the 3D
> desktops: compiz and gnome-shell particularly. I think we would
> definitely be interested in reports if they don't work. But I'll check
> in with Ben and see what info would be needed. Thanks.

I filed a generic bug against nouveau saying pretty much no 3d games
worked on my nv28, but that they did try to run rather they saying 3d
support was missing. The original article suggested only some nv20 series
cards might work, so maybe I'll end up being out of luck with nv28s.

If you want something specific tested, that machine is pretty much my free to
do with want I want box. Nominally it is for people that come over and want
to use a machine for something, but it mostly gets used for me testing
one thing or the other.