Should we be reporting Nouveau 3d bugs yet?

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu Feb 4 21:25:29 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-02-04 at 02:50 -0600, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> I noticed that mesa-dri-driver-experimental now enables some new 3d features
> for Nouveau in rawhide.
> I tried a few 3d games that used to say they couldn't run on that card
> (an nv28) and they now start. But everything I have tested that uses the
> new features fails. Sometimes resulting in gdm restarting.
> I am wondering if this stuff is so new/broken that we should wait a bit
> before bothering the developers with bug reports? If we should start making
> bug reports are there other things besides xorg.0.log that you'd specifically
> be looking for?

Thanks for asking - I knew Ben was planning to do this, but didn't
realize he actually had yet.

We're not mainly targeting things like games at first, but the 3D
desktops: compiz and gnome-shell particularly. I think we would
definitely be interested in reports if they don't work. But I'll check
in with Ben and see what info would be needed. Thanks.