Proposed BugZappers text for bugs filed against orphaned packages

Adam Williamson awilliam at
Tue Feb 9 00:01:15 UTC 2010

I was asked at the meeting a couple of weeks ago to come up with some
standard text we can use for bugs filed against orphaned packages.
Here's my draft:

This bug has been filed against an orphaned package - that is, a package
which has no currently active maintainer. We are happy to accept your
report, but the fact that the package is orphaned means you may
unfortunately be unlikely to receive a positive response. If you are a
Fedora packager already, perhaps you might consider adopting this
package. If you believe this bug could have serious consequences beyond
this package, please report it to the 'test' mailing list: , explaining that
you need to draw attention to an important bug in an orphaned package.

Does this look OK to everyone? Anything else that should be mentioned?