F13 Alpha experiences

Jim Haynes jhhaynes at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 26 17:25:19 UTC 2010

I got it installed last night - guess this is RC3 - with no trouble on
an i686 machine.  I had to separately download and install
control-center-extra to set the window focus behavior.  I wish you
guys could find it in your hear to include that package in the
install CD set - it's just a little thing, and I can't live with
having to click the mouse to change focus from one window to
another.

The other thing I did was to include dialup networking during software
customization.  When I tried to setup dialup networking at least it
doesn't crash anymore, but it puts up a window saying kudzu is required.
I wish you could either wean it off kudzu or include kudzu in the
install disk set and have it included by checking dialup networking
support.  It's easy enough for me to download it separately, but if
this were my only computer and a first-time experience I wouldn't be
able to download it without dial networking operating, and I wouldn't
be able to get dial networking operating without having downloaded it.
Catch-22.

jhhaynes at earthlink dot net