Networking on Fedora 12

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 18:09:47 UTC 2010

On Sun, 2010-01-24 at 08:03 +0100, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Sat, 23 Jan 2010 22:25:26 -0430, Patrick wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 2010-01-23 at 12:46 -0800, Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R wrote:
> > > The last update I ran broke ethernet networking.
> > etc.
> >
> > As the list title says, this list is "For testers of Fedora development
> > releases". You might have more luck asking on the regular Fedora Users
> > List, see https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
> >
> > poc
> >

> Unfortunately, the Fedora 12+11 updates-testing reports are not posted
> to that list, but to _this_ list.
> So, it isn't a strict split between Fedora development releases and test
> updates for stable releases. A problem with a recent update for a stable
> release may as well be known to affect also the development release.

Yes, I realize that. However the OP didn't specify whether his latest
update was from testing or not, hence my use of the word "might".

Perhaps a clearer split between stable and development lists would be
more useful overall. Then the list title would actually be correct :-)
One way to encourage this would be to post the updates-testing reports
to the other list rather than this one.

poc