reporting bugs upstream : nothing on the wiki?

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 12:31:14 UTC 2010

On 07/13/2010 05:57 PM, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:

> Here again you continue to suggest we should pass the job of what falls
> under the packager duty to someone else in the community because they
> are to incompetent to accept the responsibility and full fill their role
> as a packager/maintainer.

You are using unnecessarily hostile language to communicate your view
points.  If you have played the role of a package maintainer, you would
know that reality is not so black and white.  In some cases,  reporters
directly working with upstream leads to a faster resolution and I have
suggested that on occasions.  I don't think that makes me incompetent.

Rahul