reporting bugs upstream : nothing on the wiki?

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 13:11:52 UTC 2010

  On 07/13/2010 12:31 PM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> On 07/13/2010 05:57 PM, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
>> Here again you continue to suggest we should pass the job of what falls
>> under the packager duty to someone else in the community because they
>> are to incompetent to accept the responsibility and full fill their role
>> as a packager/maintainer.
>>
> You are using unnecessarily hostile language to communicate your view
> points.  If you have played the role of a package maintainer, you would
> know that reality is not so black and white.  In some cases,  reporters
> directly working with upstream leads to a faster resolution and I have
> suggested that on occasions.  I don't think that makes me incompetent.

No it does not, nor was I speaking of cases were maintainer/packager
responds and works with a reporter and directs him upstream after
working with him trying to track down the problem.

There is a very big difference working with a reporter then redirecting
him upstream vs directly directing him upstream with no guidance at all.

One shows level of competence and the other one not.

JBG