mail text encoding (was: dynamic configuration .... )

Michal Jaegermann michal at harddata.com
Tue Jul 13 17:18:14 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 08:34:20AM -0700, Antonio Olivares wrote:
> > > Am I the only one who sees it/saw it this way?
> > I think you may be the only one seeing it this way.
> > The message was
> > sent as Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii".
> >
> > Check the archives to see how it should look...
> >

> http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/test/2010-July/092051.html
>
> His posts on the archives look fine, but this one ^ looks the same
> way I saw it.

You posted it so it includes all garbled content you have quoted.

> What could have been the problem?

It appears that your mail reader is using some hardwired encoding
instead of paying attention to a charset declaration in what was
posted.  Or maybe some intermediate mail server is "kind enough" for
you to do conversions with some random settings.

BTW - this particular message is sent with an utf-8 encoding.

   Michał