LiveInst does not recognize existing LV layout

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Mar 2 07:26:25 UTC 2010

On Sun, 2010-02-28 at 19:34 -0500, Richard Ryniker wrote:
> On Sun, 2010-02-28 at 15:51 -0500, Clyde E. Kunkel wrote:
> >> Which version of anaconda is in the liveinst?  I have seen this same
> >> behavior with the liveinst and the install DVDs, but, for the install
> >> DVDs the problem was fixed.  Anaconda in F13 Alpha RC4 is 13.32 and it
> >> detects VGs and LVs.
> >>
> >Indeed, there's 13.27 even though it's yesterday's snapshot... I'll try
> >to update the anaconda and see if it helps.
>
> Indeed,
>
> http://alt.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/nightly-composes/desktop/logs/20100227.20-x86_64.log
>
> clearly indicates anaconda 13.27 was used:
>
> Retrieving http://infrastructure.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/development/13/x86_64/os/Packages/anaconda-13.26-1.fc13.x86_64.rpm ...OK
>
> It would appear something is broken in the nightly build process, when
> anaconda 13.31 is already in the (updates-testing) repository with a date
> of February 24.
>
> I should think the primary purpose of the nightly build is to incorporate
> the latest software, but we may learn more from the people directly
> involved with this process.

There's nothing wrong with it exactly. The nightlies build from
dist-f13, they do not use updates-testing. This is intentional. It's
somewhat inconsistent given that updates-testing is enabled as a
repository by default, but it's how it's been designed to work, so far.

The RC builds used some packages from updates-testing or Koji via a side
repo Jesse set up for the purpose, once the RC rush calmed down a bit we
got all those changes moved into dist-f13, though.