nightly builds [was: LiveInst does not recognize existing LV layout]

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Tue Mar 2 22:28:09 UTC 2010

On Tue, 02 Mar 2010 15:56:14 -0500
Richard Ryniker <ryniker at alum.mit.edu> wrote:

> Thank you, Adam, for the cogent explanation of a source of possible
> confusion.  Is "got all those changes moved into dist-f13" the reason
> there was no nightly build yesterday (March 1)?

See my blog post today:

http://scrye.com/wordpress-mu/nirik/2010/03/02/fedora-nightly-live-composes/

It's due to anaconda haveing a broken dep.

> Should "critical path" be an issue for nightly builds?  If a new
> version of a critical path package is available, should it be copied
> from updates-testing or Koji for nightly builds, while other packages
> wait until they graduate from testing?  I do not argue it should,
> just thought to raise the question.

I would say no. The reason they are forced to go to updates-testing is
to be tested and get positive feedback before going into the base repo.
If they cause issues it could break all the nightly composes.
(Of course if it was enabled right now it could cause them to work).

In any case I think it's more important to test the bits that would be
used to compose the final product than the bits that might be, but
could be removed.

kevin