F12 update issues

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Wed Mar 3 09:24:15 UTC 2010

On 3 March 2010 00:24, James Laska <jlaska at redhat.com> wrote:
> The scenario noted in previous emails of installing F-12 and then
> attempting to update using gpk-update-viewer has a few too many moving
> parts, I suspect it would be a challenge to maintain.  Is there some
> smaller test scenario to consider that could be used to identify the
> conditions that led to this failure?  Are there existing PK unittests
> that might have discovered this issue that would be desirable to run on
> every build?

There are a few hundred tests that PackageKit runs before any release
(make check) -- these primarily test the code and the "dummy" (fake)
backend for consistency.

It would be very easy (but quite a lot of work) to set up a fake repo
for PackageKit and then test the various yum install / update / remove
combination for consistency.

This would be a great things to add as part of a GSoC or something
similar, it just needs somebody to "own" it.

Richard.