i have to *choose* between graphical desktop and S/W dev?

Bill Nottingham notting at redhat.com
Tue Mar 16 15:57:53 UTC 2010

David Cantrell (dcantrell at redhat.com) said:
> That's just the way we implemented it.  The driving force behind these
> decisions was to make things simple for the user.  When presented with check
> boxes at this point, we found most users would either (a) leave the default
> choices in place and continue or (b) check them all for fear of missing
> something.

Also, by having the the tasks be explicit lists of groups, as opposed to
sets of groups that can be combined on top of some nebulous 'common' set
of groups, you:

- don't have to have weirdness with where you specify that common set of
  groups
- can define a minimal install sanely in the same context

Bill