i have to *choose* between graphical desktop and S/W dev?

David dgboles at gmail.com
Tue Mar 16 19:15:38 UTC 2010

On 3/16/2010 2:13 PM, Antonio Olivares wrote:
>> packages that I
>> install (even after
>> "Fedora Eclipse"
>>

>> Come on now Tom. You know how this works. 'Package
>> Something' that you
>> *do* install requires Eclipse so Eclipse gets pulled in as
>> a dependancy
>> or that 'Package Something' would not work.
>>
>> --
>
> Sad but very TRUE :)
> That is the way the ball bounces!

I was of the impression that it, Linux, was designed that way. Why put
the same files in many different packages. It would make them much larger.

There are many 'things' that you can not deselect. System language
support. System Fonts. Xorg drivers. Even Firefox and Thunderbird will
install support for every language available. For a good reason of course.

--

  David