[Test-Announce] Fedora 13 RC #2 testing open

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Sat May 8 01:39:34 UTC 2010

On 05/08/2010 08:35 AM, Adam Williamson wrote:
> On Sat, 2010-05-08 at 00:31 +0100, Adam Williamson wrote:
>
>> Fedora 13 Final RC2 is now becoming available.  Please refer to the
>> following pages for download links and testing instructions. We have a
>> mostly complete set of images, with DVD and split CD for both arches,
>> and Desktop and KDE live images.
>>
> If anyone who happens to have antique CD-Rs lying around can try burning
> the KDE x86-64 image and check that it boots, that'd be helpful. It's
> right up against the 700MB CD size limit. It boots fine for Kevin
> Kofler, but for me I've tried two burns on different machines and it
> fails to boot as it can't read the disc properly. I think I just have a
> borderline batch of discs, but it'd be nice to have confirmation.
> Thanks!

Haven't used CD's in a long time....  So, I do happen to have some old
ones laying around.  I had 2 types.  One type is no-brand with no
labeling to speak of...well except for the cute blue dolphins.  The
other is Sony branded with 700MB embossed.

I haven't had a chance to try to boot them yet....my 64-bit system is
occupied...but the no-brand disk failed the verify after burn while the
Sony CD passed.

I seem to recall the CD-R standard to guarantee only 650MB but that you
could get more when they started to manufacture the CD to higher
tolerances....