ldap authentication problems

David L idht4n at gmail.com
Thu May 13 22:23:14 UTC 2010

On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 3:00 PM, Adam Williamson  wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-05-13 at 11:36 -0700, David L wrote:
<snip>

>> I tried to install KDE to test this theory, but I get this
>> error:
>>
>> Error: Package: PackageKit-qt-0.6.3-1.fc13.i686 (fedora)
>>            Requires: PackageKit = 0.6.3-1.fc13
>>            Installed: PackageKit-0.6.4-1.fc13.i686 (@updates-testing)
>>            Available: PackageKit-0.6.3-1.fc13.i686 (fedora)
>>
>> This looks like my yum repo configuration is in some
>> inconsistent state.  How do I fix that... I want to end up
>> with a f13 system when f13 is released.
>
> Seems like you just have a mirror problem, possibly - I just checked a
> random F13 mirror:
>
> http://fedora.mirror.iweb.ca/updates/testing/13/x86_64/
>
> and PackageKit-qt-0.6.4-1 is in there. Unless, for some reason, some
> package specifically requires PackageKit-qt-0.6.3-1 ? It's possible that
> kpackagekit has a specific 0.6.3 require and hasn't been updated for
> 0.6.4 yet, I guess.

> hmm, that doesn't appear to be it, it requiresL
>
> PackageKit-qt >= 0.6.3
>
> so color me baffled.

I'm having the same problem on two systems that have been
updated periodically since f13 alpha.  When I do this:

yum groupinstall "KDE Software Development"

I'm currently getting this error:

Error: Package: mysql-5.1.45-2.fc13.i686 (fedora)
           Requires: mysql-libs = 5.1.45-2.fc13
           Installed: mysql-libs-5.1.46-1.fc13.i686 (@updates-testing)
           Available: mysql-libs-5.1.45-2.fc13.i686 (fedora)

I think if I enable repo updates testing, the problem might go
away, but I don't think I should have to do that and I'm always
reluctant to mess with repos.  I have done nothing but
installations and updates as far as I can remember, so I
don't think it was user error that got me where I am.  I
vaguely remember some langpack problems after alpha
install, so it's possible I followed some advice I saw in
a bug report that could possibly be implicated, but I
doubt it.

Thanks,

           David

PS - Sorry this response is so off topic from the original
subject.  Feel free to change the subject in any replies.