WRT MacBook Air and Fedora

Jurgen Kramer gtmkramer at xs4all.nl
Tue Nov 16 19:36:30 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-11-16 at 18:32 +0100, Jurgen Kramer wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-11-16 at 18:03 +0100, Jan Wildeboer wrote:
> > On 11/16/2010 05:59 PM, Jurgen Kramer wrote:
> >
> > > I guess this is no longer necessary as the patch seems to be in
> > > rawhide :-). Very nice to see this is being picked up so quick.
> >
> > Correct :-) /me is almost happy with Fedora on MBA3. Now the nouveau
> > part esp suspend/resume needs a fix.
> >
> > Did you also try to get the internal speakers working with your patch?
> > Because they remain silent even after the update :-(
> >
> > jan
> >
> I tried to get the internal speakers working but so far no go :(....only
> the headphones work properly. Someone on the Ubuntu forums suggested
> another quirk is needed for patch_cirrus.c for the 11.6", something
> like:
>
> SND_PCI_QUIRK(0x10de, 0xcb89, "MacBookAir 3,1", CS420X_MBP55),
>
> I am not so sure but I am going to try it anyway :).

OK, I've build a new kernel with the added quirk, and did a quick test.
I now get sound from the speakers :-). Alsamixer now shows front
speakers.

If you want to try:
http://www.xs4all.nl/~slimnet/kernels/kernel-2.6.35.6-48.mbajk5.fc14.x86_64.rpm
http://www.xs4all.nl/~slimnet/kernels/kernel-devel-2.6.35.6-48.mbajk5.fc14.x86_64.rpm
http://www.xs4all.nl/~slimnet/kernels/kernel-headers-2.6.35.6-48.mbajk5.fc14.x86_64.rpm

Switching to headphones and back to speakers works as well.

Enjoy.

Jurgen