F12 critical path testing

John Watzke watzkej at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 17:56:05 UTC 2010

On Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 11:26 AM, James Laska <jlaska at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 2010-10-11 at 10:58 -0500, John Watzke wrote:
> >    Thanks Thomas.  This will work great.  Now we just need to figure
> > out how to drive this initiative.
>
> I think you just did!  Best way to start, is by discussing and following
> up.

   Okay, let me look over the test case and test plan templates and see what
can be put together.  I do like your suggestion of starting with the heavy
hitters such as firefox/kernel/glibc.  That will get us started and we can
work our way down to the more obscure test cases.

   Sometime this week, I'll put up a wiki page with a general list of known
critpath packages.  This will give us a working set to start on.  I'm
thinking we can use that list to let folks "sign up" to track down the
maintainer and work through the processing of defining a test case for the
package and perhaps updating the status of preparing the tests.  Nothing too
fancy... just something to keep some status on.

  -- John Watzke