have installed Fedora Beta via KDE nightly builds some feedback

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Wed Oct 27 22:31:13 UTC 2010

On Wed, 27 Oct 2010 15:22:55 -0700 (PDT)
Antonio Olivares <olivares14031 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Dear folks,
>
> Several days ago, I managed to install Fedora Beta via LiveCD KDE 10
> 17 build don't remember exactly the name.  Did not install before
> because had no internet available to test/download updates & new
> packages.  I have some feedback here, but have not been able to post
> bug reports konqueror fails to work correctly(*might be a yahoo
> problem :( *)
>
> 1)  Cannot install wine :(, package conflicts so. _ package is newer
> than the ---- package that wine requires, process ends.  Have tried
> this three times with no success.

yum --enablerepo=updates-testing install wine

or

yum distro-sync

then yum install wine.

The problem is that you had updates-testing enabled with the beta
image, but it was disabled in a fedora-release update recently. This
causes some mismatch of packages between the two repos.

> 2)  Tried to install kile/texmaker, but requirements are
> texlive-2007, that is a no brainer, wasn;t texlive 2010 going to be
> in the default build?  I dismissed the install.  This was a feature
> that was going to be implemented and it is not, this is a sad story
> to me.  I have installed texlive 2010 by livedvd the upstream
> version, wanted to get the Fedora one, but *it :( sadly did not make
> its way* to Fedora 14, maybe Fedora 15?

Perhaps. I'm sure the feature owner would welcome help with it.

> 3)  Tried to setup automatic login, but the prompts don't prompt me
> for root password, and the process fails with error 6?  abrt does not
> come up to report the bug :(, nothing I could do.

How were you setting up automatic login?

> 4) I guess it was too late, but now LibreOffice will replace
> OpenOffice, and Fedora 14 will come with OpenOffice, might need to
> switch to rawhide and track LibreOffice?  Maybe developers can make a
> repo? available for those users that would like to help out in
> testing LibreOffice?

Yes, this was way too late for f14, but is already in rawhide.

> Have installed it on two machines, have two more machines (x86_64
> bit) ready for more testing when an RC comes out.

The rc came out a while ago, and has been branded gold release.
We are ready for release next week.

kevin