Why was a kernel-2.6.34 pushed to updates that had un-addressed bugs.

Rodd Clarkson rodd at clarkson.id.au
Thu Sep 2 07:09:02 UTC 2010

On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 4:34 PM, Matthias Runge <mrunge at matthias-runge.de>wrote:

> Although I think, this is the wrong way, putting
> exclude=kernel-*
> in your /etc/yum.conf will exclude the kernel from updating.

Thanks Matthias,

I don't like excluding kernels either, but I don't need to be adding
--exclude=kernel\* to each run of yum update until this is resolved, and
since there's an open bug for this, I'll know when it's resolved because I'm
following the bug.  At this time I can allow the new kernels again.