[Test-Announce] Preupgrade Test Day 2010-09-02 Recap

James Laska jlaska at redhat.com
Mon Sep 13 13:44:13 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-09-06 at 16:22 +0800, He Rui wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> Many thanks for the ones who attended this test day, though we don't
> have much attendance, the general tests for preupgrade have been nicely
> covered with its bugs filed and verified.
>
> The common issue testers encountered during preupgrade has been
> identified to be an anaconda bug:
>
> 624971 CLOSED NEXTRELEASE - Kernel argument with "UUID=" is not honored
> 629245 DUPLICATE OF 624971 - install,img saved in /boot/upgrade/ but
> searched in /boot/images
>
> Preupgrade bugs include:
>
> 629738 NEW  - preupgrade ignores --help/--version
> 629745 NEW  - preupgrade exit status should reflect failure
> 629814 NEW  - preupgrade does not account for transaction size when
> computing if enough disk space is available
> 629890 NEW  - Allow automatic restart
> 592345 ASSIGNED  - preupgrade-1.1.6-1.fc12 adds extra spaces to
> grub.conf, results in failed upgrade
>
> If you are interested, a detailed result can be found at the test day
> page[1].
>
> [1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Day:2010-09-02_Preupgrade

For any testers who participated in the preupgrade test day, Richard has
posted a new version of preupgrade for testing in f13-updates-testing.

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/preupgrade-1.1.8-1.fc13

This should address some of the issues reported during the test day.
Please use this version of preupgrade when testing upgrades for the
F-14-Beta-TC1 test run.

Thanks!
Jame