Release Criteria for image sizes

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Mon Apr 11 15:43:00 UTC 2011

On Sat, 2011-04-09 at 10:32 -0500, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 09, 2011 at 14:59:43 +0000,
>   Andre Robatino <robatino at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> > Bruno Wolff III <bruno <at> wolff.to> writes:
> >
> > The current criterion (which is an Alpha requirement on the install test matrix)
> > is at
> >
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_Mediakit_ISO_Size
>
> That looks reasonable and certainly we want to be looking at that at the
> alpha, but I am not sure that failure results in blocking the release.
> We do have a page now that lists the target size for each spin. It is
> at https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/15/Spins for F15. The main
> difference is that nothing is targeting 4.7 GB.

Right - that's not a criterion but a test case. This is one of the
places where we have a test case from the Pre Release Criteria Era which
doesn't have a matching criterion, and we should definitely fix that.

Proposal: Alpha criteria stating:

The network installation image, DVD image, and live images for supported
desktops[1] must meet current size requirements[2]

[1] - pending resolution of this 'supported desktops' thing, which I
didn't get around to yet

[2] - can be a hyperlink to a page specifying the current requirements
if we think that's necessary.