Hard disk install from DVD image?

He Rui rhe at redhat.com
Thu Apr 21 02:46:01 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-04-20 at 21:30 -0400, Tom Horsley wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Apr 2011 20:29:32 -0400
> Tom Horsley wrote:
>
> > Or do I no longer need the install.img file and can go
> > back to just pointing to the iso image itself like I used
> > to do before things changed a while back?

>From F-15, just pointing to the iso itself is ok for installing as the
install.img has been included in initrd.img.

> Bingo! I just tried the experiment and it worked fine
> just pointing to the iso image directory even with no
> images subdir. (I'm glad I don't need to copy out images
> any more, but I bet I won't be the last confused by this).
> The install worked, though I haven't tried actually booting
> it yet. A couple of impressions from the install:
>
> Congratulations! You either finally disabled the screen
> blanking during anaconda, or the install runs so fast that
> the screen never got around to blanking itself.
>
> Anaconda resizing itself to fill a 46 inch 1920x1080 HD TV
> screen is a bit disconcerting. I think I liked the old
> version where it just drew a small window in the middle
> of the giant screen.

Yeah, as you did. This case was covered and passed in previous beta rc2
install validation test known as
'QA/TestCases/InstallSourceHardDrive[1]' at:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Current_Installation_Test

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/TestCases/InstallSourceHardDrive

Thanks,
Hurry