Multiple F15Beta bugs in under an hour

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 10:52:37 UTC 2011

On 04/21/2011 07:54 AM, Rick Stevens wrote:

> I think the OP has a good bead on this. It is rather silly to change
> the paradigm (no close button on popups) and expect people to use the
> ESC key instead. Use the ALT button to shut down? What kind of lunacy
> is this? I can't believe it takes THAT much more code/CPU to implement
> a close button and leave the shutdown mechanism alone regardless of how
> "minimalistic" they want to be.

You shouldn't take the rationalizations provided by other users as
definitive.  It is often incorrect.  Unfortunately in the absence of
clear design documents that explains all the important changes, this is
what fills the void.   In any case,
gnome-shell-extensions-alternative-status-menu extension can help here.

Rahul