Multiple F15Beta bugs in under an hour

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu Apr 21 16:31:14 UTC 2011

On Thu, 2011-04-21 at 02:17 -0700, Scott Doty wrote:

> Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> >The alternative was not having the Shut Down option at all, so be
> >careful what you wish for...=)
>
> I know you're kidding, sir, because such examples of false dichotomies
> are clearly logical fallacies...and we know those never appear on
> Fedora mailing lists... ;-)

Well, not really. The Alt thing was added. For a few weeks before that,
you only had Suspend and Log Out.

> Seriously, though:  it doesn't do much good to exemplify "bold
> leadership" by proudly  following Gnome off a cliff...because I
> strongly doubt the Fedora community will do likewise.

What's the alternative, maintain long-term patches to a desktop despite
the fact that most of our desktop team are part of the upstream GNOME
development team? It's not likely.

Fedora follows upstream. If you don't like what GNOME is doing, you can
always not use it: Fedora provides many other desktops.