Well, I have tried systemd now ...

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Apr 26 15:51:56 UTC 2011

Sorry, the partially-quoted mail came out hopelessly garbled as I
somehow managed to trigger a 'send this email now!' key combo while
editing it. Here's a fixed-up version.

> > So, knowing that my new universe starts with systemd, I followed my instincts:
> >
> > $ systemd --help
> > $ systemd --test
>
> Your instincts need tweaking. When you absolutely know a given 'thing'
> is made up of a single command, this is a good way to go. systemd is not
> such a case. You don't use the systemd executable to manage systemd, in
> most cases, so looking at the help for the systemd executable isn't
> going to tell you much.
>
> A better entry point in this case is:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Systemd

which lists all the most common operations you'll need. Further reading
at http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd : the Tips and
Tricks and FAQ pages especially.

I humbly submit to you that a possible explanation for why there hasn't
been a lot of heat around systemd lately is that it's working very well.