Well, I've tried GNOME 3 now...

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Apr 26 19:17:18 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-04-26 at 13:42 -0400, Dan wrote:

> > > http://home.comcast.net/~tomhorsley/wisdom/braindump/oss-happens.html
> > >
> > Obsessively follow? All you had to do was install Fedora 12, 13 or 14
> > and hit the 'GNOME Shell' button in desktop-effects.
> >
> The only thing that you didn't think about is there a some of us that
> didn't use desktop-effects or 3D on the desktop at all.

That's your decision. What I was objecting to was the odd assertion that
you had to 'obsessively follow' upstream to see what Shell looked like,
prior to F15. This simply isn't true. I never claimed that everyone did,
or should, try Shell in F12-F14; I just pointed out that it was much
easier than the characterization of 'obsessively following upstream'
made it out to be.