persistent gnome dep problems (F16 alpha rc3-5, alpha), --skip-broken wants to haul in 32-bit libs

Matthias Clasen mclasen at redhat.com
Wed Aug 24 20:52:30 UTC 2011

> > Just about everything actually is, but it was done in fits and starts
> > and the Bodhi update edited over time, so not everything has made it to
> > every mirror yet. If you're particularly impatient you can set up a side
> > repo and stock it up from Koji to get the update done. That's what I
> > did.
>
> It looks like the giganto-GNOME-update needs to be combined with the
> e-d-s/dependencies update, too, as various bits of the giganto-GNOME
> update are built against the newer e-d-s.

Everything in the gnome update has been built against the new eds. But I
somewhat disagree with the notion that we need to keep sucking up more
and more into this one update, making it ever harder to get any karma.

Can't people just wait until their mirrors sync and install the evo
update before they install the gnome update ? I mean, library deps still
work as they always did ?