Peer cert error during netinstall

Tim Flink tflink at redhat.com
Mon Feb 21 17:04:46 UTC 2011

I'm hitting an issue with netinstall and DVD install on F15 i386 (tried
TC2, 20110220 nightly) that I can't reproduce on a VM. I'm going to try
another physical machine to verify that it isn't HW specific but I was
wondering if anyone else has seen it:

I get through the installer without issue until it tries to grab repo
information (if updates are enabled for the DVD). At that point, I get
an error message:

"
Unable to read package metadata. This may be due to a missing repodata
directory. Please ensure that your install tree has been correctly
generated.

Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) to repository: fedora.
Please verify its path and try again.
"

When I look through the anaconda logs, I see:
INFO anaconda: Error downloading treeinfo: [Errno 14] Peer cert cannot
be verified or peer cert invalid

I can file a BZ for this but wanted to get a better handle on the cause
first.

Tim