Network control

A.J. Werkman AJ.Werkman at digifarma.nl
Tue Feb 22 17:22:44 UTC 2011

>>> 2.http://0pointer.de/blog/projects/systemd-for-admins-2.html
>>> 3.http://0pointer.de/blog/projects/systemd-for-admins-3.html
>>> 4.http://0pointer.de/blog/projects/systemd-for-admins-3.html
>> Yes I know. But is the old network startup script not ported to the
>> new systemd? That would mean I am forced to use NetworkManager to
>> start up networking?
> The network script will call NM to control interfaces if NM
> happens to be running. There are some discussions on how NM gets
> autostarted under some conditions where it perhaps shouldn't be
> that are still being resolved.
>
> Bill

In my testing I noticed, that if NM is not running, the network scripts
gives an error message. According to your respons, what should actually
happen is that the network is started without NM?

Koos