Running abrt-cli in live isos for graphics test days?

James Laska jlaska at redhat.com
Wed Feb 23 12:00:57 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-02-22 at 20:18 +0000, mike cloaked wrote:
> I am trying to get a backtrace or abrt report from a laptop which
> cannot get to the gnome3 desktop due to bz 677842.
>
> I am able to use yum to install packages into the running live system
> - and I can install abrt-cli - and I can get a list of crashes using
> abrt-cli -l
>
> However when I run abrt-cli -r xxx where xxx are the first few
> characters of the uuid it wants to download 94 debug files - is there
> any way I can get a shorter way to a crash report from abrt-cli?

I had this trouble also when attempting to report a crash using abrt-cli
from the console.  The abrt-cli manpage suggests ...

        	-r, --report CRASH_ID	create and send a report
        CRASH_ID can be:
        	UID:UUID pair,
        	unique UUID prefix  - the crash with matching UUID will be acted upon
        	@N  - N'th crash (as displayed by --list --full) will be acted upon

If I'm understanding the problem you noted, it seems like a valid bug if
you enter the first 6 unique characters of a crash UUID, and it doesn't
locate the matching crash.  Is that the behavior you were seeing?  It
wasn't allowing you to report a crashing when attempting the documented
short-hand notation for specifying a CRASH_ID?

Thanks,
James