pulseaudio eats almost 100% of cpu resources during hdd i/o stress by other program (Re: audio skipping/pure sound quality)

cornel panceac cpanceac at gmail.com
Sat Jan 22 16:42:21 UTC 2011

2011/1/22 Michał Piotrowski <mkkp4x4 at gmail.com>

> W dniu 19 stycznia 2011 18:44 użytkownik Michał Piotrowski
> <mkkp4x4 at gmail.com> napisał:
> >
> > I doubt that this problem is related to kernel space issue. I'll try
> > to track down it this week.
>
> Something strange is happening here. I'm running yum upgrade, amarok,
> firefox and after a while pulse audio goes mad.
>
> iotop shows disc write < 1 MB/s.
>
> Everything else works fine, only PA eats 100% of CPU (one core). When
> yum upgrade finished, everything was back to normal.

i suppose it's unrelated but, after hearing two strange breaks in my playing
music (with mplayer), and after seeing the processor at max, i've lost
contact to my keyboard, then, after connecting another keyboard (usb, this
time), i've lost contact with my usb mouse, too. at this point the music was
strangely still playing. this is my home f14 computer. i hope nobody
backported the pulseaudio problem to f14 :) i've enabled the ssh server and
i'll report back if anything new shows up.