kernel in rawhide (f15) : crash

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Wed Jan 26 14:39:12 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 13:49:41 +0000,
  "\"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson\"" <johannbg at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hum I'm not so sure releng is using koji repo for nightly spins I
> think they actually need to get pushed somewhere before they get
> picked up what I'm meaning is that when you build something in koji
> and that build was successful it will get pulled into on of the
> nightly spins for that day.

Currently I believe that the night composes are pulling from the rawhide
repos (so anything built that is tagged for rawhide will be pulled in) and
that the git repo for spin kickstarts is used. After the branch they will
use F15 + the git repo. Very close to the release we may start using the
spin-kickstarts package.

> As is to be expected to happen on occasion but then the maintainers
> of those dependency issue should be notified that their package is
> halting the compose process which should have the added bonus affect
> that maintainers would quicker fix those dependency issue.

Good luck with that. I see dependency errors go unfixed for months. If
things remain a problem long enough some jawboning gets done or the help
of a proven packager is enlisted. Packagers already get automatically notified
of dependency errors and are supposed to fix them in a timely manner. Doing
a second automated notification isn't going to add much value.