Google Earth

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Tue Jul 19 21:28:09 UTC 2011

On 07/20/2011 01:06 AM, Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R wrote:
> I downloaded the 64 bit rpm flavor of Google Earth.
> It installs and runs on 64 bit Scientific Linux.  Neither
> Fedora 14 or Fedora 15 would run it:
>
> /usr/bin/google-earth: ./googleearth-bin: /lib/ld-lsb.so.3: bad ELF
> interpreter: No such file or directory
>
> Is there a trick to get this to run?

How did you install it?

If you did "rpm -Uvh googleearth.rpm" you easily could run into
difficulties.

The "better" way to install is "yum localinstall googleearth.rpm" which
resolves dependencies.

Are you doing these installs/tests on a "rawhide" system?  You mention
Fedora 14 and 15, which are in "production".  So, wondering why you
didn't post on the "users" mailing list.

--
Even if you do learn to speak correct English, whom are you going to
speak it to? -- Clarence Darrow