[Fedora QA] #209: Add tests to cover partitioning using root on btrfs, xfs or other non-ext fstype's

Fedora QA trac at fedorahosted.org
Tue Jul 26 02:55:17 UTC 2011

#209: Add tests to cover partitioning using root on btrfs, xfs or other non-ext
fstype's
  Reporter:  rhe          |       Owner:  rhe
      Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  new
 Component:  Wiki         |     Version:
Resolution:               |    Keywords:  15 retrospective
Comment (by rhe):

 Replying to [comment:13 jdulaney]:
 > I've sent off some emails to see what is going on in that regard with
 btrfs (and Grub2, necessary for booting it).

 > If it is accepted (and I don't see how it would be without functional
 Grub2) as standard and Grub2 is not finished, then would Anaconda be able
 to do an Ext4 /boot partition automagically?

 I know your concerning, but Looking up the
 [https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/F16BtrfsDefaultFs
 F16BtrfsDefaultFs page], it still shows that the percentage of completion
 is 0%. The latest rawhide isos are uploaded at:
 http://serverbeach1.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/stage/20110721-3/, and the
 default partitioning is still lvm. So I guess this feature will be
 finished on next version? Correct me if you got any surprise.

--
Ticket URL: <https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-qa/ticket/209#comment:14>
Fedora QA <http://fedorahosted.org/fedora-qa>