Proposal: Too similar application names

Vitezslav Humpa vhumpa at redhat.com
Thu Jun 9 19:57:24 UTC 2011

----- Original Message -----
> On Thu, 2011-06-09 at 05:50 -0400, Vitezslav Humpa wrote:
> > Are you referring to a situation in KDE(can't boot it now to check)?
>
> Of course. I quoted a specific point i.e. that "The way KDE
> application
> launcher handles this also provides nice example for a design solution
> to this problem.". What I'm saying is that I dislike that design as
> currently implemented. Was that not clear?

Indeed it was. What I meant was that I was not sure at the time
whether KDE in fedora primarily displays application's generic purpose
(e.g. Groupware suite) instead of it's name (Evolution). The way
KDE handles it if those primary names are duplicate is another matter,
sorry for confusion.

Perhaps I agree that the little grey secondary information
is not eye-beating enough - which would become annoying if this
affected larger number of menu items, like in case when the generic
names were used in default.