Proposed release criteria revisions

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Fri Mar 18 15:52:05 UTC 2011

On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 14:11:59 +0000,
  "\"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson\"" <johannbg at gmail.com> wrote:

> Due to historical reasons the readiness of the KDE spin has had the
> ability to block the final release of the "Default" spin hence I
> propose  that no spin can block the release of the "Default" what ever
> that may be or "All" spin need to meet the release criteria or we slip.
>
> Thoughts?

I'd like to see some spelled out criteria for determining which spins can block
a release, I don't think all spins being able to block a release is a good
idea, with the way spins are handled now. Personally I'd like to see criteria
that allows KDE to block releases. But beyond that, I think the other spins
impact is low enough, that other options are better than blocking a release.