GNOME Shell and FAQ

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 06:47:43 UTC 2011

On 03/29/2011 12:23 AM, Matthias Clasen wrote:

> Its a little obnoxious that you pimp gnome-tweak-tool in 4 out of the
> first 5 questions. Nothing against gnome-tweak-tool, but that is a bit
> excessive.
>
> Also worth pointing out that this is an entirely 'focus on the negative'
> faq.

Sorry if you feel that way.  I am merely trying to answer frequently
asked questions not answered easily elsewhere (taken directly from
forums.  not made up) and gnome-tweak-tool happens to solve a few of
them more easily than running command line tools but I have provided
both whenever I can.  If you want to add more to the list or edit any of
the answers,  feel free to.

> The answer to 'What about themes ?' is misleading/wrong. GNOME shell has
> no official theming support. If you install an extension, you get to
> keep both pieces if it breaks.

I have changed it a bit.  Hope this helps.

Rahul