sceeching sound when playing music files

Anoop Kammaran anoopkam at live.com
Sun May 1 03:31:52 UTC 2011

Hi all,
I found this same problem of screeching sound(not continuous but pulsating) happening in my x86_64 Fedora 14, but only when a flash video is being played (streaming from youtube, etc).
RegardsAnoop Kammaran("AK")

> Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2011 17:37:08 -0700
> From: olivares14031 at yahoo.com
> Subject: sceeching sound when playing music files
> To: test at lists.fedoraproject.org
>
> Dear folks,
>
> I had a good working Fedora 13 x86_64 that I thought to myself why not update it to Fedora 15 Beta and I did.  I erased everything[Linux/Fedora lvm] and did a clean install kept dual boot situation.  I configured it and updated it to yesterday's updates.  I tried to play some mp3 files I had saved on an external drive and when I tried to play them I had a screeching sound :(, This did not happen before.  The same files play fine in windows and using livecds like porteus live x86_64.  I *wonder* what is happening.  I had this happen also on a laptop running Fedora 15 KDE also fully updated.  Is there something that has changed alsa version seems to be 1.0.24.1 or similar?  I do not know who/what/which program to blame for this screeching sound :(
>
> Any advice/suggestions/comments are appreciated.
>
> Regards,
>
> Antonio
> --
elementFontfont-familyfont-sizefont-stylefont-variantfont-weightletter-spacingline-heighttext-decorationtext-aligntext-indenttext-transformwhite-spaceword-spacingcolorBackgroundbg-attachmentbg-colorbg-imagebg-positionbg-repeatBoxwidthheightborder-topborder-rightborder-bottomborder-leftmarginpaddingmax-heightmin-heightmax-widthmin-widthoutline-coloroutline-styleoutline-widthPositioningpositiontopbottomrightleftfloatdisplayclearz-indexListlist-style-imagelist-style-typelist-style-positionTablevertical-alignborder-collapseborder-spacingcaption-sideempty-cellstable-layoutEffectstext-shadow-webkit-box-shadowborder-radiusOtheroverflowcursorvisibility