[Test-Announce] Fedora 15 Final Test Compose 1 (TC1) Available Now!

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Fri May 6 19:20:56 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-05-03 at 20:43 +0000, Beartooth wrote:
> On Tue, 03 May 2011 02:38:20 -0400, Andre Robatino wrote:
>
> > As per the Fedora 15 schedule [1], Fedora 15 Final Test Compose 1 (TC1)
> > is now available for testing. Please see the following pages for
> > download links and testing instructions.
> >
> > Installation:
> >
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Current_Installation_Test
> >
> > Desktop:
> >
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Current_Desktop_Test
> >
> > Ideally, all Alpha, Beta, and Final priority test cases for installation
> > [2] and desktop [3] should pass in order to meet the Final Release
> > Criteria [4]. Help is available on #fedora-qa on irc.freenode.net [5],
> > or on the test list [6].
> 	[....]
> > [6] https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/test
> 	[...]
>
> 	The above, and the sites it refers to, are naturally written for
> those who belong here, as they should be.
>
> 	The occasional such interloper as myself (who happen to have a
> machine preupgraded from F14, which displays the session-saver bug) can
> make neither head nor tail of them.

This certainly isn't the intent; there aren't really people who 'belong
here' and people who don't, we want as many people as possible to be in
QA and we try to set a low bar on the processes. In writing the pages
James linked to I certainly tried to make them comprehensible and usable
for as wide an audience as possible. Seems like I failed in your case,
so it would be really appreciated if you could point out any bits that
were particularly difficult to understand or made you feel like 'wow,
this isn't for me' so we can re-write them better - thanks!