[Test-Announce] Fedora 15 Final Test Compose 1 (TC1) Available Now!

BeartoothHOS beartooth at comcast.net
Tue May 10 17:22:55 UTC 2011

On Mon, 09 May 2011 15:27:46 -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:
	[....]
> We do take this into consideration and try to be quite careful to make
> the process entirely self-documented. It would help if you'd be more
> specific about where you got stuck trying to simply follow the
> instructions on the wiki page.
	[....]
> It's a link. Click on it. 'Desktop' is the type of test case it is (it's
> one of the set of desktop tests). 'Browser' is a description of this
> test case itself - it's a web browser test. But why not just click on
> it, and see? It lists six simple things you can do to check that a web
> browser is pretty much working. I really struggle to see how anyone who
> can drive Fedora couldn't complete that test. --

	We're getting way OT here. I run Fedora well enough for my
purposes, which exclude a lot of what it can do -- no doubt fortunately
for me.

	Let me just point out, not I hope for the first time, that I'm
not saying I *can't* -- I'm saying that whatever vestige may be left of
my life is too short. I'm not going to make the effort (which I might
have, thirty years ago) to catch up with yet another specialty on top of
the ones I have.

	I happen to believe other non-technoids, with other reasons, will
be equally unwilling. Time will show that, or not. It is no aspersion on
you, nor anyone else.

	The machine I preupgraded from F14 to F15-TC<whatever> still
couldn't launch Gnome at last attempt. I don't know if that still
interests anyone. I'll be glad to give it spelled-out commands, if that
interests anyone enough to want to make the effort. If not, that's fine,
too.