My Fedora 15 beta experiences so far

Angel linux463291 at gmail.com
Sat May 14 03:47:10 UTC 2011

On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 11:55 PM, <alan at clueserver.org> wrote:

> The networking came up as IPv6 *only*. My router does not do IPv6 and my
> ISP (Qwest) does not know when their network ever will. In order to get it
> to work I had to hack files in /etc/sysconfig and use dhclient to get an
> address since the Network Manager applet is dumbed down to absolute
> worthlessness. (More on that later.)  The networking problems seem to have
> been fixed, but there were far too many of them. (Having no default route
> for fixed IP addresses was a pain.)

Go to Activities and then search by the keyword ¨network¨. Now from the
search result click Network Connections. This is the old nm-applet of Gnome
2.

If you click the network icon of the panel then Network Settings, that´s the
different thing (dumbed down to absolute worthlessness).

--
Angel
Give me Linux.. ..or give me death