f15 x86_64 nspluginwrapper.i686 problem?

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Sat May 14 05:38:33 UTC 2011

On Fri, 2011-05-13 at 17:30 -0400, Neal Becker wrote:
> On f15 x86_64
> sudo yum install nspluginwrapper.i686
> Error: Protected multilib versions: avahi-libs-0.6.30-2.fc15.i686 != avahi-
> libs-0.6.30-3.fc15.x86_64
>  You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem

That's because we pulled the new avahi build into the RCs via a side
repo and it wasn't in the official repo yet; so you got the x86-64 avahi
from your install, but yum can't find the matching i686 package because
it's not on the mirrors. All those side repo updates just got pushed to
stable this evening, so they'll show up on mirrors soon enough. If you
can't wait, you can dodge this by grabbing the correct avahi-libs i686
build from koji.