fsck.btrfs? (Was Re: Feedback needed : Fedora 15 Announcement)

Ian Pilcher arequipeno at gmail.com
Fri May 20 16:08:20 UTC 2011

On 05/20/2011 10:57 AM, Bryn M. Reeves wrote:
> Also, given the triviality that you point out a patch in the bug wouldn't go
> amiss I'm sure (fwiw e2fsprogs uses hardlinks for these files and dosfstools
> uses symlinks).

Yeah, but it would be a one-line patch to the SPEC file.  It seems like
it would actually be more work for the package maintainer to process the
patch than to simply go in and add the ln command.

> One possible reason for the reluctance to change this however may be that the
> tool is not yet considered mature enough to be glued into the bigger fsck/fsck.*
> infrastructure - I can't speak for the btrfs folks but this seems reasonable
> given that btrfsck is considered experimental at the moment (and mkfs.btrfs
> exists..).

I have to admit to having a hard time figuring out exactly how
experimental btrfs is considered to be these days.