upower question?

Jon Masters jonathan at jonmasters.org
Wed Nov 16 11:25:43 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-11-16 at 05:50 -0500, Jon Masters wrote:

> On a recently installed system running rawhide I notice that this is not
> working for me. I click "suspend", my network drops...it looks hopeful,
> then I see the network come back up. Of course, a simple cat into sysfs
> does suspend the system, so it can work just fine.  Ok. So I download
> the xfce4-session source and start looking. Then I write a simple DBus
> utility to call upower directly, first to check I am allowed to suspend
> (which I am), then to call Suspend directly. Same behavior. Something is
> up in upower but before I go tearing that apart...any debug suggestions?

So then I go re-learning how pm-utils works, and the hooks, and in
particular /usr/lib64/pm-utils/sleep.d/56atd from the latest at, which
has been all systemd-ified but with a broken test on line 14.

Ah well, I guess I was overdue for digging through that anyway. I'll
file or hunt down whatever bug is already reported.

Jon.