boot.fedoraproject.org testing

Andre Robatino robatino at fedoraproject.org
Fri Oct 7 20:13:22 UTC 2011

Kevin Fenzi <kevin <at> scrye.com> writes:

> Have any of you out there done F16-beta installs via
> boot.fedoraproject.org? Did things work? fail?
>
> I've gotten a report from someone trying it in virtualbox with both the
> cd and floppy images error out with a:
>
> "Unknown keyword in configuration file: PXERetry"
>
> but, I used the usb image just fine here with no such error.
>
> Could anyone try and test it out and let me know how it goes?

I am unable to even get the install to start in VirtualBox 4.1.4 using the CD
image, I get the error

Could not fetch http://serverbeach1.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/bfo/pxelinux.0:
Input/output error (0x1d0c6039)

even though the file is only 15K and accessible via wget. It almost immediately
goes past that point when using KVM (have not completed the install yet though).
See my vbox screenshot at http://robatino.fedorapeople.org/bfo1.xwd.gz .