Again: Oh no, something goes wrong

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 21:33:31 UTC 2011

On Wed, 07 Sep 2011 13:49:47 -0700, AW (Adam) wrote:

> On Wed, 2011-09-07 at 21:58 +0200, Michael Schwendt wrote:

> > > Specifically, between 31 August and 6 Sept, there was no updates-testing
> > > compose. Dennis, is there a reason for this? Thanks!
> >
> > Great to see that you understand the problem on your own. ;)
> >
> > All the added packages during that period have _not_ been pushed to any
> > repository at all, because the ticket was back to "pending" and waiting to
> > be pushed to "testing". Everyone trying to update only has had access
> > to the older packages with broken deps.
>
> I know, but it's still relatively easy to access the 'real' packages,
> and that's what all the people who tested the GNOME update did.

Ah, come on! That's close to blanket approval for such a high number of
packages, which require much more individual testing. To sign them off
all with a brief comment or a simple "works for me" isn't credible.

--
Fedora release 16 (Verne) - Linux 3.1.0-0.rc4.git0.0.fc16.x86_64
loadavg: 0.08 0.04 0.05