Proposal: stop holding composes for preupgrade bugs at Alpha and Beta phases

Kamil Paral kparal at redhat.com
Tue Apr 10 09:55:45 UTC 2012

> What I would do is treat preupgrade bugs at Go/No-Go meetings as
> release
> blockers, but at the same time not require install media respin for
> preupgrade fixes. This should allow more flexibility and faster
> turnover
> for validation. As long as there is a process to accept Anaconda
> builds
> to stable during the freeze without doing composes, I believe this
> should work.

Agreed.

If we suppose people know they can use preupgrade since Beta, I wouldn't want to release Beta and say "we'll fix it later". Because in the meantime a lot of people would end up with broken system. Let's not do respins, but let's require a working anaconda (and preupgrade and all the other parts) are in stable updates before we say "Beta is GOLD".