F17 vs. Pentium 4

Michael Hennebry hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu
Fri Apr 13 02:51:11 UTC 2012

On Thu, 12 Apr 2012, mwesten wrote:

> On 04/12/2012 07:12 PM, Michael Hennebry wrote:
>> No selinux message, but
>>> Still no go.
>>> I took some pictures of the "Details" message,
>>> but the three are >60KB a piece after processing, >2MB before.
>>> Should I send them to the list?
>>
>> I put them on http://web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu/~hennebry/new16-[123].png
>>
>>> After clicking on exit, I saw four copies of the following
>>> message at the bottom before I had to push reset.
>>> Error: cannot open Packages database in /mnt/sysimage/var/lib/rpm .
>>

> I see, the installer is finding what it needs alright, but just can't
> complete.  Isn't that what the netinstall did to you too?
>
> I'm not getting anything at that URL, and I probably won't have a way
> around whatever it is, either.

Oops.
http://web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu/~hennebry/new16-1.png
http://web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu/~hennebry/new16-2.png
http://web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu/~hennebry/new16-3.png

> Of course, you could give F17 Beta a shot.  At this point, however, I
> would really only recommend using optical media or a LiveUSB for that.

I'll download it.
I've got one more rather hairy thing to try before trying to use it.

whom I teach not to run with scissors,
that my fiance ran me through with a broadsword."  --  Lily