Move from /media to /run/media/$USER

Ankur Sinha sanjay.ankur at gmail.com
Sat Apr 14 07:19:20 UTC 2012

On Fri, 2012-04-13 at 14:05 -0500, Steven Stern wrote:
> This behavior messes up a bunch of scripts I've written that assume
> the
> external USB drive "MyBackupDrive" will be hooked up as
> "/media/MyBackupDrive" no matter who's logged in when it's plugged in.
> Phooey.

I have the same issue. Would anyone know where we can get specific
details on the subject? I.e., what is going to get mounted where, in
what condition? This move, while may be documented in the release notes
as Bill pointed out, is going to confuse a plethora of users.

I also think that this being mentioned in the release notes is not
sufficient. It's a major change and deserves more visibility really.
--
Thanks,
Regards,

http://dodoincfedora.wordpress.com/